Construction Update – Pier 2/3
- Internal demolition works have been completed.
- Structural timber rectification works have commenced and are proceeding well.
- Fabrication of structural steel has commenced and is progressively being delivered to site.
Construction Update – Wharf 4/5
- Rectification to the wharf sub-structure has been ongoing.
- Construction of the internal spaces in each of the tenancy areas is taking shape. Services installations have also been ongoing in all tenancy areas.
- The old solar panels have been removed and the existing roof sheeting is being inspected before the new state-of-the-art photovoltaic solar system is installed.
Upcoming work expected over the next month:
- Erecting scaffolding on the external Pier 2/3 facades.
- Continuing the timber rectification works and structural steel installations at Pier 2/3.
- Commencing works to lift portions of the roof in at Pier 2/3.
- Continuing with the rectification for the Wharf 4/5 sub-structure, including erection of temporary steel bracing on the western apron.
- Commencing balcony rectification works on the western façade of Wharf 4/5.
Earlier this month, the Environmental Planning and Assessment (COVID-19 Development – Construction Work Days) Order 2020 came into place, allowing construction sites in NSW to operate on weekends and public holidays.
The Walsh Bay Arts Precinct Redevelopment Project will comply with this order and extend the Saturday work hours that were originally 8am to 1pm, to 7am to 5pm. We are also intending to work on Sundays and public holidays when necessary.
Thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we carry out these works.