We recently celebrated an exciting construction milestone - the ‘topping out’ - marking the new building reaching its highest point: the entrance pavilion at just over eight metres.
In recent months the following works have taken place:
- Continuation of the facade cladding on Lower Level 2 and installation of the first glazed facades. Cladding is also progressing on Lower Level 1 and the Entry Level
- Installation of escalators is underway
- Installation of services and internal walls on Lower Level 2, Lower Level 1, and Entry Level
- Structural steel erection for the terrace canopies and installation of the spiral stair in the oil tank gallery
- Energisation of the site’s power supply
- Continuation of the contoured rammed earth wall construction on Lower Level 2
- Finishes progressing on Lower Level 4 and Lower Level 3
- Demolition and earthworks for the landscaping works in front of the existing Art Gallery building including concrete elements being formed and poured
- Dismantling of one of the two site tower cranes, and erection of a final tower crane for the landscaping works in front of the existing Art Gallery building.
View our Project Update for upcoming work in 2022.