NSW Government Construction Leadership Group
The NSW Government Construction Leadership Group (CLG), led by Infrastructure NSW, has been established to drive reform across government in the development, procurement and delivery of infrastructure and building projects. All the key NSW Government agencies engaged in the delivery of the large long term pipeline of infrastructure investment are represented on the CLG
NSW Government Action Plan: A ten point commitment to the construction sector.
The Action Plan recognises that the NSW Government can only achieve its infrastructure objectives in partnership with the private sector and takes a longer term view about the need to drive quality, innovation and cost effectiveness by fostering a thriving and sustainable construction sector in NSW. This Action Plan covers all NSW Government-procured construction and is designed to:
- encourage an increase in the “supply side” capacity of the sector to meet future demand
- reduce industry’s costs and “down-time” by making Government procurement processes more efficient
- develop the skills, capability and capacity of the construction industry’s workforce.
- encourage culture change and greater diversity in the construction sector and its suppliers
- foster partnership and collaboration between the public and private sectors to drive innovation in the NSW construction sector.
The CLG and its member agencies will now develop an implementation plan to turn the 10 commitments into a program of specific measures to be rolled out progressively over this coming year. Engagement with industry stakeholders on this roll out will be coordinated through Infrastructure NSW. If you require further information, please contact Infrastructure NSW via firstname.lastname@example.org